Ipswich Town's Retail Revolution hits the headlines
fcbusiness speaks to Lee Hyde, director of retail operations at Ipswich Town about the club's recent investment in its online and in-store retail technology platforms.
Touchretail and Reading Room collaborate and set new standards for retailing at professional sports clubs
Playmaker is the name for a suite of sport related services and platforms provided by Reading Room. One of the key platforms is a Magento 2 powered retail solution, with a customer focused responsive interface combined with a fully featured CMS allowing for concise management of content, promotions and categorisation.
Add to this an advanced suite of products for inventory management in the form of our TRIMS platform and complementary TouchPOS software modules. With seamless integration between the Playmaker eCommerce Store and Touchretail EPOS system, the club now benefits from a true end-to-end retail solution.
With advanced stock balancing (‘Max/Mins’), including automated stock re-ordering/replenishment, in place, a warehousing and logistics toolset and a comprehensive reporting suite for accurate business metrics, clubs are able to eradicate a huge amount of manually intensive roles whilst integrating all their reporting into one truly live data solution.
The retail arm of Playmaker is based on the Magento 2 platform. TRIMS integrates seamlessly with this leading ecommerce platform and becomes the central hub for product management, stock control and analysis, binding all online and offline channels throughout the club’s retail operation.
Playmaker meets TRIMS. The combination of these two industry leading platforms is the modern answer for clubs looking to replace legacy systems, or for those who simply want to increase fan engagement and club revenue.
All websites conform to Level AA of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0, with the flexibility to evolve further in line with fans’ needs
- Fully-responsive Magento 2 ecommerce platform
- Customised kit builder
- Integration with loyalty team cards, providing an effective and joined-up experience for customers to spend points both online and in-store
- Product wish-lists
- Store multiple delivery addresses
- Product reviews for purchased items
- Trims integration
Fast content publishing, instant score updates, custom commentary and pulling in/embedding tweets or Instagram posts.
For the fans:
The right stats and social media appreciated by the younger fans, delivered at the right time.
TRIMS is packed with features for increasing club revenue and fan engagement
- Robust tried and tested POS software at high footfall venues
- Intuitive POS interface, easy usability for staff
- Fast transaction times to maximise revenue at peak times
- Matchday mode for even faster transactions on match days
- Kit Builder for fast processing of custom shirt printing
- Product and Checkout rules for engaging promotions
- Native CRM features encompassing Loyalty Points and Gift Cards
- Integration with TeamCard
- Customer facing media for increasing fan engagement
- Live company wide stock enquiry
- Fulfilment alerts for eCommerce orders
- Comprehensive product and stock management
- Stock ordering, replenishment and analysis
- Advanced eCommerce integration
Sports Platform Integration
Plugin to TeamCard and Sports Alliance to further enhance fan engagement
Feel this may be the solution for you? Learn more by completing this quick form, or find out more through the links below.