4th generation of the Tyrer family
Situated in the heart of the town of St Helens, Tyrers is owned and operated by 4th generation family member Ali Tyrer. Epitomising the flair, choice and service traditionally offered by the best department stores, Tyrers complement their contemporary product selection with the busy hair salon and restaurant on the top floor, with freshly-prepared food and a menu which changes daily.
- Client: Tyrers Department Store
- Location: St Helens, Merseyside
- Stocks: Cosmetics, Womens and Mens Fashions, Footwear, Accessories, Lingerie, Restaurant, Hair Salon
- Services: Department Store, Hair Salon
- Project: 2014 - 2016
Requirement and Challenges
When their legacy EPOS system was becoming more of a liability than an asset in 2013, Tyrers evaluated several potential suppliers who could provide a store-wide solution to incorporate:
- Full unit stock control across all departments
- Latest EPOS system to include Gift cards and Customer Loyalty
- Integrated back office Accounting to include AIS integration and Customer Accounts
- Potential ecommerce integration
- Existing pedigree with Department store systems
- Dependable software support and of course Value for Money
The TRIMS platform provides Tyrers with latest cloud-based technology that combines sound financial management reporting with fashion-focused analysis such as sell-through by brand, category and season.
Touchretail were able to manage the changeover from Tyrers legacy system by data import and switched over the Accounting, Unit Stock Control and EPOS terminals, followed by the introduction of new features such as Gift Cards throughout the store. Hand held terminals (HHTs) are used to scan in deliveries of cosmetics products from key suppliers.
Software & Services
It’s a daunting thought when you are faced with updating your EPOS system, but knowing other store owners who use and are happy with Touchretail and the ‘TRIMS’ package, we felt confident that their solution was right for us. We have been live with our new system now for almost 18 months and it is proving to be an essential tool from which many members of both the admin and buying team can benefit greatly in order to improve business performance. We are extremely happy with what Touchretail have been able to provide and the level of support is also appreciated.
Owner, Tyrers Department Store
Leave your legacy system behind and join the growing number of successful retailers benefitting from modern technology, processes and the flexibility that can only be found in TRIMS by Touchretail.